Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust Gastroenterology RAS
The Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust Gastroenterology Service will be moving from an Advice & Guidance (A&G) Service to a Referral Assessment Service (RAS) from Monday 29th November 2021
The benefits of a RAS are as follows:
- The department has the ability to change the service as part of triage – currently this task sits with primary care and happens in 50% of A&G requests
- When sending straight to test, the test date will be visible to the referrer, the patient and the outpatient booking team
- This will bring the service in line with other existing abdominal RAS specialities e.g. Upper GI
You will still be able to request advice from the department, however more than one exchange will require a new UBRN to be raised.
There will be two referral assessment services to enable 2ww and routine to be kept separate:
- Medical Gastroenterology RAS-PHU-RHU
- 2WW Medical Gastroenterology RAS (Upper GI and IDA Proforma)-PHU-RHU
Both will remain under the GI and Liver specialty and the clinic types/linked clinical terms will be the same as the current set up.
If you need help finding the services please call the booking centre for assistance on 02392 681713